Witchysisterhood - Pagansuperstars

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards?

4 posters

Go down

Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards? Empty Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards?

Post by Glammiewitch Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:37 am

Personally i was daunted by the task of figuring out traditional tarot. There was so much symbolism and numerlogoy behind it i felt overwhelmed. But now the more i study and work with tarot i have a greater appreciation for them. I do love love love my oracle cards,lol!
 bounce 
Glammiewitch
Glammiewitch

http://www.glamiesangels.com

Back to top Go down

Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards? Empty Re: Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards?

Post by gecko19 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 am

i first started out with traditional tarot.. it really wasn't a learned thing for me, it was something that just made sense one day.. but over the years i have pulled away from them and now use Oracle cards more. they fascinate me and i love learning how to read them..
gecko19
gecko19

Back to top Go down

Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards? Empty tarot or oracle

Post by Glammiewitch Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:10 pm

[quote="gecko19"]i first started out with traditional tarot.. it really wasn't a learned thing for me, it was something that just made sense one day.. but over the years i have pulled away from them and now use Oracle cards more. they fascinate me and i love learning how to read them..[/quote]

Wow! you are really lucky to resonated with tarot right from the start. Do you think you will go back to tarot and revisit?
Glammiewitch
Glammiewitch

Back to top Go down

Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards? Empty Re: Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards?

Post by Cassie Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:16 pm

My 1st tarot deck means a lot to me because it was from my dad and it was my first introduction to doing readings. I do work with playing cards quite a bit for quick readings.
But for really in depth readings I like to use a deck I made myself which would fall under the "oracle" category I suppose. I call the deck I made my "spirit cards", they're called that because I originally made them for spirit work, but I use them as a general oracle now too. xD
Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards? <a href=Which modality rsonates most with you? Tarot or Oracle cards? ChurchCard-1" />
Each card has a word on it which is the meaning for that card (example- Lost or Cleansing or Waxing Moon or Kitchen). In my deck I have a variety of words (a few are rooms in a house/places/times because I use them when I go into haunted homes to get the history of it and read what places are active in the house). I have a lot of general words in my deck- a mix of darker words (revenge/suffocation/curse/ect.) and lighter words (heart/soul/lovers/ect.).  
I love using them because they not only have a word for each card but on the left side there is a symbol and on the right side a letter or number. Because of this they have the ability of acting as a spirit board and spelling out words with the letters on the right of the cards.
I am VERY picky as to what I accept as a message from the cards-1) basically all the letters have to be used (otherwise you can pick out random words if you pull out enough cards) or 2) the words come out spelled in order (which they usually do) example-> H. O. U. S. E. F. I. R. E. <-the cards coming in order of the letters
I have around 170 cards in my deck, so even though they are a bitch to shuffle it makes it all that more amazing when they come out super relevant/accurate and spelling things out. I was inspired by Xari cards to add the letters to the cards.
Cassie
Cassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Glammiewitch Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Wow! I love your style of reading!! Super unique. if you ever want, we could swap readings. I would love to see how you do a reading!
Glammiewitch
Glammiewitch

Back to top Go down

Post by gecko19 Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:33 am

yes, making your own deck sounds fascinating to me..
gecko19
gecko19

Back to top Go down

Post by Glammiewitch Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 am

It does sound fascinating, and it takes a lot of work, i bet,lol.
Glammiewitch
Glammiewitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:46 pm

It did take a while to make my own deck, but I love 'em! x) I used my own photos for every card and edited them in photo-shop programs. If you want to check out the deck I got the idea to put a symbol on the left and a letter/number on the right from they are called Konxari cards. I liked the idea behind Konxari cards, but I didn't vibe with their photos and I wanted WAY more cards in my deck (gotta have them witchy cards xP).
@Glammie- trading readings would be fun to do sometime. I won't be able to for a while though because I decided to try doing long-distance readings (a.k.a. online readings) for the 1st time this January and made a blog where I did them for free and got burnt out doing too many readings for people! So now I'm stepping back from online readings for a bit. I got too excited and used up a lot of energy within one month.
I know you do a lot of readings, have you ever had that happen before where you do too many and feel tapped out for a while?
Cassie
Cassie

Back to top Go down

Post by ninasimone Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:17 pm

I love the oracle cards i have the indigo ones from doreen virtue and love them im working towards learning the tarot deck Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
ninasimone
ninasimone

Back to top Go down

Post by gecko19 Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 pm

what oracle decks does everyone use? i am currently using WISDOM OF THE HIDDEN REALMS.. so beautiful..
gecko19
gecko19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down