Witchysisterhood - Pagansuperstars

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Orishas

2 posters

Go down

The Orishas  Empty The Orishas

Post by Serpentqueen Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:24 pm

What Orishas do you work with? How did you approach them when you first started?

Serpentqueen

Back to top Go down

The Orishas  Empty Re: The Orishas

Post by Costine Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:10 pm

One of the Orisha i work with is Chango  , as I 'am a child of Chango . I first made him his is own altar , which grew with time . A place where i could bring my offerings to him  . I always offer Chango water , coffee , apples and a Saint Barbara candle or a red or white  one on Fridays  . Some of my offering changes depending on what my petition is or if your just seeking favor of an Orisha  and in that case Chango loves cornmeal and Okra covered in palm oil . I started by cleaning myself  with Florida water from the top of my head all the way down to the my feet . Then light cleaned or prepared candle . then said three The Lords Prayer , and three Hail Mary's   . Then making my petition . Give thanks . Then close with  three The Lords Prayers and Hail Mary's . I work with other Orishas as well .  Each Orisha is in charge of different areas in human life . You approach different Orishas depending on what work you are trying to do or what knowledge you are trying to receive . But always being respectful and sincere when i approached them  .
Costine
Costine

Back to top Go down