Witchysisterhood - Pagansuperstars

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who you calling a bruja?!?

2 posters

Go down

Who you calling a bruja?!? Empty Who you calling a bruja?!?

Post by Ladyblackbird Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi everyone, I am Melissa and from South Texas. I am 37 years old, am married to a really good man named Chris and have two kids, a nine year old son and a 4 year old daughter. I am an insurance agent, but my last day of work is Tuesday. I am retiring from full time work to stay at home with my kids and will start massage school in the fall. I am excited, mortified and eager for this new chapter in my life to begin.

I think that I have always been a witch, although it feels a little weird to put a title on an aspect that has always been a part of me. Personally I've always thought that the word "witch" described someone who has spent lots of time studying and who has dedicated a lot of time to their craft.

I am Hispanic (Mexican), was raised Catholic and have practiced and done little rituals for as far back as I can remember. I remember gathering in my grandmother's kitchen with my mom and tia to jump over pans of El Indio incense for money, petitioning El Virgen de Guadalupe for favors and cutting the rain with a knife and saying prayers if we were afraid that the streets would flood. If my sisters and I got fever, we got a limpia with an egg before we went to the doctor. My grandfather died when I was young and my mom would tell us to leave out cups of water for him. When I was a kid I used to see shades and people and once, I guess I was around 5, I saw a vision of a malevolent spirit in the glass of the window of my bedroom. I don't think that I have ever run so fast in my life!! All of that being said, I think that I do have the gift of intuition and I think that I have some abilities that I could learn to use for some benefit if I can learn how to control them.

Within the last two years, I feel that I have had an awakening of some sort. I have always done candle magic, but I have really started working on my practice and within the past couple of years. I've always relied on my intuition and in the past just relied on using what felt right to me.

My Dad passed away last April and it was a really tough time for me. Since he has gone, I have really gotten a sense of urgency of really changing my path. I started studying and reading tarot cards, and have really started studying magic, working with spirits and ancestors.I think that I should be helping people and offering some sort of healing magic.
That in essence has how I found this place. I’ve been researching online and found Kat. Her videos have been very informative for me. I feel very drawn to Santeria and I am studying and learning. She talked about this community and I think that it will be a good place for me to learn and meet other like minded people.
I guess that’s it for now. I also have a blog where I have talked about some aspects of my witchy life and my experience. It’s here if you are interested.
http://melissablack.wordpress.com/
Ladyblackbird
Ladyblackbird

Back to top Go down

Who you calling a bruja?!? Empty Re: Who you calling a bruja?!?

Post by Cassie Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi Melissa! Great to meet you. I was raised Catholic too and it's always interesting seeing the little "witchy" things my grandma would do, though she wouldn't call it "witchy". Some of the things I saw as a kid are actually now a part of my practice and my practice still holds the foundations of what I was raised in as I now use the Bible as a tool in my work. x)
Cassie
Cassie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum