Witchysisterhood - Pagansuperstars

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intuitive tarot spreads

3 posters

Go down

Intuitive tarot spreads Empty Intuitive tarot spreads

Post by Ladyblackbird Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:00 pm

I've gotten pretty dedicated to studying the tarot since last August. I've read a 78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Polluck, devoured the resources on BiddyTarot and use the Tarot Bible for quick reference. I have two decks that I use pretty regularly: The Deviant Moon tarot, which seems better geared for shadow work, and the Tarot Illuminati, which I love because of the gilded edges and vibrant colors.

I was wondering if you use any traditional spreads or if you use a more intuitive, or free form spread. I have done a couple of readings using a variation of the 3 card spread to answer questions that seem to be kind of all over the place.

Do you ladies have any any favorite spread (Celtic Cross, Seal of Solomon) or do you just let your intuition guide you?
Ladyblackbird
Ladyblackbird

Back to top Go down

Intuitive tarot spreads Empty Re: Intuitive tarot spreads

Post by gecko19 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:12 am

with my traditional cards [rider waite deck] i use the celtic cross spread. just the way i learned so many years ago, so its comfortable to me.. if someone wants a quick reading, i do a 3 card spread.. 

my oracle cards i usually do a one card or a 3 card..
gecko19
gecko19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:17 pm

I used to do the Celtic Cross when I first started (it was the first spread in the book that came with my tarot xD), but now as I tend to do quicker readings with playing cards I find myself when asking a question pulling-3 for where I was in the situation/3 for where I am + 2 on the side for obstacles or advice/3 what's coming to me in the near future +2 on the side for where my attention is needed to get there. Lol I usually do this type of layout but when I am doing spirit work with cards it deviates from this and is all intuitive in how many/how I pull. xD
Cassie
Cassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyblackbird Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:40 pm

I really like the 3 card spread for when I am focusing on a specific area..sometimes too many cards can muck up the message. From time to time I will pull my three cards and then when I am done, I will pull a fourth card and use it as a meditation card or to use it as a message to focus on the help lead me to my desired goal. This helps a lot with my journaling. I like to look back a few weeks later and see what the messages were and if the meditation card helped.
Ladyblackbird
Ladyblackbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 pm

@Ladyblackbird I agree with too many cards mucking up a message when it comes to oracle or tarot cards but with playing cards having more cards per answer helps me read what they are trying to say in detail. Do you read playing cards?
Cassie
Cassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyblackbird Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:56 am

I don't read playing cards. Do you get clearer readings with them as opposed to tarot?
Ladyblackbird
Ladyblackbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 am

Personally I get more detailed readings when I work with playing cards rather than tarot cards. More detailed in the sense of pinpointing specifics of a situation. But that's just me.
Cassie
Cassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down